I am currently working on a series of films for NHS Direct. The films are a mixture of sensitive medical case studies and medical and scientific information. It’s not the first time I have made medical films but it is great to make films that will directly impact on and improve on medical education, health and quality of life for patients. This is my first project for the NHS. It will amount to 24 short films.
My first ever sequel! Later this month I will shoot the sequel to The Day The Bank Collapsed for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. This time we look at the financial crisis from the perspective of lawyers working on the failing Icelandic banks, the Bank of England Special Liquidity Scheme and the forced merger of two major French banks.
Thank you so much to the cast, crew and friends who came down yesterday for the shoot for The Opera Singer. The film is part of the Kino Challenge at London Short Film Festival. The challenge is to make a film in four days and on screening an element of the soundtrack must be performed live. The Opera Singer’s performance will actually be interactive using technology and audience participation, but I can’t say any more without giving the game away. Screening on the 14th, hopefully followed by other festival appearances later in the year.
The film cost around £100 and a lot of favours, and was turned around in roughly 48 hours thanks to a brilliant team, including
Cast: Lindsay Richardson, Pete J Collis, Hugo Danino
I’m off to Frankfurt and Berlin for another shoot for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer. This time it’s a really exciting story about a frantic 36 hours over a weekend in which lawyers in these two cities drafted the bill to facilitate the bailing out of Germany’s biggest banks, thus stabilising Europe’s biggest economy.
I think it’s going to make a great credit crunch documentary – watch this space!
Update: The film is now complete.
I am really honoured and excited to have been selected as a finalist by the British Council in their Young Creative Entrepreneur awards. I was selected for my work in branded content and the creative and collaborative way I work with brands to help them achieve something really special and unusual in projects that encompass but may go far beyond just video.
- Directing ADR recording with Danny John-Jules for short film
- Storytelling at Natural Born Storytellers
- Comedy: Guru Dave’s Trance & Mental Meditation Live Show
- Andy Lewis MBE, Paralympic Gold Medalist: Video documentary profile
- Sound Asleep, the short film I wrote, starring Danny John-Jules finally shot! Director’s report and photos
- Adobe After Effects VFX: What is rotoscoping – and something you didn’t know about Disney films!
- Video shoot with Andy Lewis MBE, Paralympic Gold Medallist
- Animation: cute explainer video for fin-tech startup
- Citi200 commercials shortlisted for Focal Awards
- BBC Working Lives Georgia documentary complete and broadcast