It was a cold and wet London morning and I had a few short hours with Paralympic gold medalist Andy Lewis MBE. I interviewed him for a short documentary video profile I was making on his life. Andy talked candidly to me about overcoming depression and disability, even though this was the first time we met. He then told me an inspirational tale; how he bounced back and went on to win gold at the Rio Paralympic Games in 2016 and then collected his MBE.
What is Rotoscoping: Disney To Digital
In the last few months I have been training myself up in adobe after effects vfx techniques to complete Sound Asleep. (The comedy short film I am director of, starring Danny John-Jules – The Cat in Red Dwarf).
Having completed the offline edit, I had been dreading the infamously tedious task of rotoscoping in Adobe After Effects.
On a very grey, late December day, on one of the shortest days, I was privileged to shoot an uplifting and heart warming profile of Paralympic Gold Medallist, Andy Lewis MBE.
Andy’s story of overcoming what must must have felt like insurmountable odds, to become a hugely successful sportsman is an inspiration and I am very proud of the project we have been working on.
Animation explainer video
written, produced and directed by Nadaav
We’re all very proud of this animation project. I worked with the client to develop a concept and style. After green-lighting, I wrote scripts and worked with animators, illustrators, composers, VO artists and sound designers. Across all the elements: animation, script, voice over and sound design, there is a warm, playful, friendly tone.
My episode of Working Lives, on Georgia, is currently on air globally on BBC World News. Here’s a 5 minute cut down of the show, to give you a flavour.I produced, directed and edited the programme.
Working Lives: Georgia – BBC Documentary
5 min cut down
Wow! I honestly didn’t think we’d make it but thanks to Simon Wilcox, Frank Dow, Cadogan Hall and William Kunhardt I was able to propose, research, cast, location scout, shoot, edit and deliver a lovely glossy short documentary pilot for the MEC/Discovery branded content pitch, in just 5 days, 2 of which were weekend, and on the smallest budget you could imagine!
So, here’s the finished film.
My videos for the new XCOM2 game create a niche internet sensation.
I was recently hired to create four unusual pre-launch PR videos for XCOM2, a turn based strategy/action video game. The game takes place in a world in which aliens have taken over Earth, and the player leads a small band of guerrilla soldiers to fight back.
- Comedy: Guru Dave’s Trance & Mental Meditation Live Show
- Andy Lewis MBE, Paralympic Gold Medalist: Video documentary profile
- Sound Asleep, the short film I wrote, starring Danny John-Jules finally shot! Director’s report and photos
- Adobe After Effects VFX: What is rotoscoping – and something you didn’t know about Disney films!
- Video shoot with Andy Lewis MBE, Paralympic Gold Medallist
- Animation: cute explainer video for fin-tech startup
- Citi200 commercials shortlisted for Focal Awards
- BBC Working Lives Georgia documentary complete and broadcast
- Branded documentary pilot complete in super fast time!
- How 2: Defeat an Alien Invasion (and launch a video game)