Meet the Sound Asleep Crew
Writer and Director: Nadaav
Nadaav is a self confessed insomniac and wrote Sound Asleep from personal experience. A passionate film maker, it is Nadaav’s own bed you will see in our intro video; it’s the most expensive thing he owns and he still hopes it might help him get a good night’s sleep!
His credits include:
- Panorama (BBC1)
- Time Team (Channel 4)
- Blue Peter (BBC1).
- Talk To The Prime Minister (Five) which made the Daily Mail’s front page!
- Citi 200 – 4 commercials for Citibank
- Thought Leaders – three branded documentaries for Fortis Bank
- Clap Your Hands – a commercial for Lebara mobile made with Sound Aleep’s producer and director of photography
- The Opera Singer – impressive given it was made for under £100 as part of a 48 hour film challenge. Screened at Raindance 2010 & 2011, the ICA, Branchage, London Short Film Festival, and was the editor’s top choice of comedies in the 2010 Virgin Media Shorts competition.
He’s also worked on the British Comedy Awards, and as a comedy talent scout at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe – not as glamorous as it sounds, he says: you really learn to appreciate good comedy when you have to sit through 8 excruciating hours of badly written material every day for a month on the fringes of the Fringe.
Nadaav is a member of the Royal Television Society, and was a finalist in the British Council’s Young Creative Entrepreneur Awards 2010. He is represented for commercials by MCQ Films.
Producer: Ajay Arora
Ajay has produced dozens of commercials for Lebara Mobile, Loreal and Audi among others. He exec produced Turning Point, a multi-award winning Nigerian feature film drama. His TV credits include X-Factor and The Mobo Awards.
Paul has extensive experience as a location and production manager on feature films, shorts and television. He has worked on Channel 4’s Hollyoaks and its spin off Moving On, It’s a Lot, by Femi Oyeniran (Kidulthood & Adulthood) and In a Heartbeat with Danny Dyer, Assessment, which won the Jury Prize at Film London’s Best of Borough Awards, Good Night, and which was BAFTA nominated for the Best Short Film in 2013.
Allen Della-Valle: Director of Photography
Allen is the most experienced member of the team. He has shot dozens of commercials, dramas and corporate films in 36 countries over a long and distinguished career. His clients include BMW, Honda, British Airways, Sony, Adidas and Pepsi and his work has been BAFTA nominated and has won IVCA, AMI and New York Film Festival Awards. See some of his short film work here.
The Rest of the Team: (Biographies coming soon!)
Production Design: Anthony Neale
Casting Director: Poppy Lloyd
Costume Design: Lucille Acevedo-Jones